cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sx50 in portrait mode.

JimMcDonald
Contributor

Was photographing Sand Island lighthouse in manual landscape, when I switched to portrait the LCD showed a almost browned out image. Switched to auto landscape, good image, backed to portrait, same problem image almost invisible. All photos are ok in place. Later, camera in portrait, working like it should. What's with that ?? Made no changes as to settings, just the physical positioning of the camera.

7 REPLIES 7

John_
Authority

The physical postion of the camera should not produce a browned out image

What do you mean by "all photos are ok in place"?

My gut feeling is you have an internal problem like a loose connection or faulty LCD. Is your camera still under warranty?

Have you tried a "Reset All"? Just in case some obscure setting was changed accidentally?

Thanks to auto-correct, it should have been p.p.( post processing) not place. Hate the d### ## thing, wished it never was forced on me !

Are you wearing sunglasses when this is occuring? It's fairly common to have LCD issues due to the polarizing effect of the sunglasses.

Steve M.

May have had sunglasses on, really don't remember,  but landscape view was ok, portrait orientation  ( Camera turned 90 degrees wasn't.

@JimMcDonald wrote:

May have had sunglasses on, really don't remember,  but landscape view was ok, portrait orientation  ( Camera turned 90 degrees wasn't.

A 90 degree rotation would be exactly what it would take for the polarizing sunglasses to be an issue.

Guess I had sunglasses on, what a relief that there isn't something wrong with the camera...just me. Would never have thought about that being the problem or cure!! Thanks all, took a big load off of my small mind!!

wow go figure that ??

I never wear sunglasses when shooting but never would have expected that  lol!!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements