cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my powershot ELPH 360 HS will not connect to Mac OS El Capitan

jbsylvester
Apprentice

My canon powershot elph 360 hs will not connect to my router.  I  select my router SSID and enter what I know to be the correct password, But i searched and never finds it.  Anyone have any suggestions? I am running mac OS El Capitan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jbsylvester,

When they created El Capitan, Apple changed the way that Wi-Fi is accessed. Because of this, the current version of the Canon CameraWindow does not support a wireless connection with the Mac El Capitan operating system. Canon is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. Unfortunately, no estimate is available regarding the arrival of a replacement version of the Canon CameraWindow. I regret the difficulty this causes.

You may still transfer images and movies using a USB cable. Your camera will accept a mini-b to USB cable.  The USB terminal is located on the right side of the camera (as you're holding it to take a photo) under a small door.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jbsylvester,

When they created El Capitan, Apple changed the way that Wi-Fi is accessed. Because of this, the current version of the Canon CameraWindow does not support a wireless connection with the Mac El Capitan operating system. Canon is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. Unfortunately, no estimate is available regarding the arrival of a replacement version of the Canon CameraWindow. I regret the difficulty this causes.

You may still transfer images and movies using a USB cable. Your camera will accept a mini-b to USB cable.  The USB terminal is located on the right side of the camera (as you're holding it to take a photo) under a small door.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Exactly the info I was looking for. It is other wise a great camera, and I'll wait.

El Captain had been out for 4 months when you relased this camera 4 months ago.  This is taking too long.  Please elevate this issue.

It's now been seven months and there still isn't a solution.

BergensMom
Contributor

Having this SAME ISSUE with Catalina.  Wondering if you never fixed it???

Announcements