cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g7x mark iii flip screen wont fully close at the bottom theres a gap

marianneb
Apprentice

i recently notcied my g7x mark iii flip screen wont close completely at the bottom and theres a gap. i dont see any loose or missing screws or broken parts. is there a way to remedy this?

video on tiktok: 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8SdBjEN/

IMG_4242.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

zhaotong0312
Apprentice

Hi, have you fixed this issue? I have the same issue. Do you know the cause of it?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

John has provided the best advice. I am not familiar with the hinge on the back of this body.  Maybe it has loosened up or become bent.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

falconfirsit
Contributor

If you've checked for any loose or missing screws and haven't found any, it's possible that the hinge mechanism that controls the movement of the flip screen may be damaged. This is a common issue with flip screens and can often be repaired with the help of a professional camera repair service. It's also possible that the gap is a result of a misalignment of the flip screen or its components, which can sometimes be corrected by adjusting the screws or other components that control the alignment of the screen. I used to film on that camera as well but had so many problems with it that switched to my iPhone for filming videos. Now I film on my phone and edit directly on TikTok. After I post anything I also use SocCeleb services.

Announcements