cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi difficulties

ARpenguin
Apprentice

I am trying to hook up my iphone to an SX60 HS, and I am successful if I go through the process manually each time. I think I screwed up initially because I selected my home wifi and now it defaults to that intead of the Canon wifi that I manually select.

I tried to clear wifi settings but this didn't change it. So technically it is working, but when I press the phone symbol on the back, it takes me to the 'connect target device' page and won't cycle through to the settings that I am trying to save. 

I would appreciate any help that someone can provide to start over on this. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If your saved an incorrect profile, you can always delete it and start over, this time registering the correct destination (your mobile device).

Here is a Canon KB article for connecting the camera to an iPhone...  you you need Android, let us know.  

Canon Knowledge Base - Sending images from a camera to an iPhone (PowerShot SX60 HS / PowerShot G7X)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your resonse. Unfortunately, unless I am glossing over the instructions that I need, this information mostly seems to pertain to syncing the phone/camera for the first time. I can get this to work by going through the process, but it doesn't memorize the connection.

When I go back to the app on my phone, it shows the wifi for my home. When I press the mobile phone symbol on the back of the camera, unlike the way I have seen demonstrated online where it syncs automatically, the camera is asking me to input the target device again. 

I have tried to unistall wifi and followed the procedure to forget a device, nothing seems to change this process. So I can get it to work with the app, but I have to start from the beginning each time. 

Thank you

Announcements