cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have a single light vertical line on screen SX530 hs?

kturcotte
Apprentice

I charged my battery and began taking photos when I viewed them back I noticed a single light colored vertical line on LED screen. I am not sure if it is something I inadvertently did. It was hot out and lens fogged up......Just really odd.

Katherine

Canon Sure Shot SX530hs

4 REPLIES 4

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@kturcotte wrote:

I charged my battery and began taking photos when I viewed them back I noticed a single light colored vertical line on LED screen. I am not sure if it is something I inadvertently did. It was hot out and lens fogged up......Just really odd.

Katherine

Canon Sure Shot SX530hs

You have to be very careful taking your camera from a cold air conditioned environment out into a warm humid environment. Just like the moisture fogged your lens, it also coated all of the electronic circuit inside your camera with water. Keep your camera in a bag and give it time to warm up when transitioning from a cold environment to a warm moist one. 

Will the line eventually go away?

@kturcotte wrote:

Will the line eventually go away?

It may, but, most likely it will not.

In many cases the cause of vertical lines or a line is the connector of the cable.

Try pressing lightlyalong the edge of the screen the frame or camera case at both the top and bottom.Dont press on the screen press the very edge where there is plastic.

Watch the line as you do this for changes if you see a change stay in that area and see if by pressing it a certain way you can make the line go away.

If that works it will most likely be a temporary fix and could mean the connection inside is loose or something along those lines...no pun intended lol If you get lucky it might not come back but at least you'll know what to do.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements