cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Wi-Fi on PowerShot ELPH 360 HS

Fezman92
Contributor

I'm considering getting one of the point and shoot cameras and I'm just wondering if it's possible to turn off the wifi on them?

Thanks

David

7 REPLIES 7

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

You should be able to. Which specific models are you looking to purchase?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

The ELPH 360.

See the section on Wi-Fi features starting on page 87 of the User Manual.

--
Ricky

I looked, but I don't see anything specific about turning it off unless I'm missing something.

Agreed that this particular manual is not the best, but that chapter states how you can disable things like NFC.  When it comes from the factory, there would be no settings in terms of what network, smartphone, etc. you'd be connecting to.  So at worse, you'd need to reset the Wi-Fi settings back to defaults.

The manual does mention that power saving is not active when connected to a device (e.g. phone) or computer.  So presumably there's a way to disconnect.

--
Ricky

Thanks

Page 98 does mention "To disconnect from the camera, turn off the camera.".  From what I can tell, I think this is why there's no explicit "disable" or "disconnect" menu option.  It appears that you'll be able to configure multiple devices for connecting to.  And when you want to connect, you need to go into the Wi-Fi settings and reselect that device.  But once the camera is powered off, it would sever that connection.  Turning the camera back on should not re-connect.

Unless someone else here has this particular camera to confirm, your best best is to reach out to Canon support for clarification.

--
Ricky

Announcements