cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop filename display in videos - PowerShot SX60 HS

johnrose1
Apprentice

Hello, I have a Canon PowerShot SX60 HS. I would like to eliminate the filename that shows for a few seconds at the beginning of videos. I have tried to search the manual and also the web but no easy results. I am sure that there must be a parameter to change, could someone please help?

Thanks so much, John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi rs-eos, I am only an occasional photographer and have rarely taken videos but would like to do more. I am transferring them to a computer, but have a lot of problems reading them there - several packages have refused saying that there is a format error. But I can read them with VLC and get the file name in big white characters at the bottom-center for about 3 seconds. I see now that this is not happening when I read in the camera or the Haruna reader, so it would seem (thanks for leading me to this) that the filename presentation is generated by VLC. I am normally working under Ubuntu, and this might limit compatibility, but I would like to take the highest-quality video possible and then sometimes be able to generate best-try lower-quality videos to share, for example on WhatsApp, but am running into a lot of problems transforming to the right format(s). Any advice that you could provide in this context would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Are you playing the videos back in the camera? I think that may just be what the camera would do as a hint of what clip you're playing.

If transferring the videos to a computer, it shouldn't include the file names on top the video.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi rs-eos, I am only an occasional photographer and have rarely taken videos but would like to do more. I am transferring them to a computer, but have a lot of problems reading them there - several packages have refused saying that there is a format error. But I can read them with VLC and get the file name in big white characters at the bottom-center for about 3 seconds. I see now that this is not happening when I read in the camera or the Haruna reader, so it would seem (thanks for leading me to this) that the filename presentation is generated by VLC. I am normally working under Ubuntu, and this might limit compatibility, but I would like to take the highest-quality video possible and then sometimes be able to generate best-try lower-quality videos to share, for example on WhatsApp, but am running into a lot of problems transforming to the right format(s). Any advice that you could provide in this context would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, John

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements