cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix the flipping problem in Canon G7X Mark II

ikram
Apprentice

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing great. 

I have an issue that I'm facing which is the mirror effect on my videos and images while filming with my camera. 

The videos and pictures are not saved as they appear in the preview screen, once I finish filming everything is flipped. I have tried the reverse display option but nothing is working. 

Can you please advise me on what to do in this case? 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi There,

some programs will flip the image horizontally by default so that when you are seeing yourself in the software your movement looks more natural like you are looking into a mirror but it will also flip everything else in the picture. This is controlled by the software so I would suggest looking into your webcam settings in the software you are using and looking for a [mirror] or [flip image] function to disable the function.

ikram
Apprentice

Hello, 

Thank you for your answer. So, if I understood properly there is no option in the camera sitting to disable the mirror effect? Because I have searched and I couldn't find it. If possible can you suggest for me a software that flips the image horizontally by default? 

Thank you so much. 

The problem with rotating a video from landscape to portrait is the resolution of an HDMI signal is land-locked into landscape mode.  It is a completely different problem compared to rotating a still image, which is constrained by video format resolutions, from landscape to portrait

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements