cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX70HS camera AE lock not working

Petergs
Apprentice

The AE lock does not work while holding the shutter button down 1/2 way or by using the AE lock button.  When trying the AE lock button, the lock symbol does appear in the lower left corner of screen, as it should, but no exposure lock.  Not sure what's going on.  Wondering if doing a factory reset will help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the input.  I had previously set the metering timer to 30 sec. so that wasn't the problem.  I tried setting c.Fn 1, that didn't help either.  But, I went through more settings found Expo. simuation disabled, tried Enable, and that worked!  AE Lock working as expected!  Again, thanx for helping me discover other settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Petergs,

From once the AE Lock symbol (*) is displayed, the exposure lock will be unlocked automatically after the metering timer runs out. I would suggest taking a look at that setting in the red camera menu #2, Metering timer. Try adjusting that setting prior to doing a reset on the camera. You can also check the Exposure Safety shift setting. This is found in your Custom Functions menu, under yellow wrench menu #6, C.Fn 1. If that doesn't work, then reset the camera to factory default settings in the yellow wrench menu #6, Reset camera.

Thank you for the input.  I had previously set the metering timer to 30 sec. so that wasn't the problem.  I tried setting c.Fn 1, that didn't help either.  But, I went through more settings found Expo. simuation disabled, tried Enable, and that worked!  AE Lock working as expected!  Again, thanx for helping me discover other settings.

Announcements