cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX620 HS video length

BAlfson
Apprentice

I need an hour+ but my PowerShot only records a maximum of 20 minutes in FHD.  Is there a way to extend the length of a video recording session?

Do I need a different Canon camera to get longer videos?

Another solution would be a camera that allows starting and stopping videos remotely with Camera Connect or another tool.

TIA for any suggestions!

Cheers - Bob

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There are two limits.  Maximum record time, which is 30 minutes.  Maximum files size, whichi I believe is 4GB.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rs-eos
Elite

For working with no limits* for video, it's best to use dedicated video equipment (camcorder, cinema camera).

* limited only by space on cards and available power.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

According to experiments by Gordon Laing of Camera Labs, the R3 can record up to 6 hours of 4k 25P video - mind you it will cost a packet, and may take a while to deliver, but it might be worth comparing to a dedicated video camera.

Canon EOS R3 review: QUALITY photo video vs R5 Part 2 - YouTube at 12:35 sec mark

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements