cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 and wifi

northernclaw
Contributor

Getting a refurb SX60. Interested in Wifi. Has anyone tried Airnef? http://www.webupd8.org/2015/11/wirelessly-transfer-photos-from.html

I'd also like to select which pictures to download or transfer to wifi. I do shoot RAW and I know they are big. I will shoot some that I would like to send as MMS. Selection would be a big dea.

I'm interested since I use Mint 17 Linux along with W7Pro. I want to just transfer pix to desktop where I can get them into Photoshop 5. Desktop is Linux dual boot with WXP. XP is offline for security purposes, so transfer goes from Linux.

I read most of the independent articles I could find between NikonP900 and SX60. I have an SX50. That **bleep** timer on the dial drives me nuts. It seems like the dial on mine is set to turn on the timer every time I touch the dial, even on menu! If it could be programmed out, that's the first thing that would go,

. I do use the zoom for birding, but not printable pics. ID only. If I want to use the long zoom, I have both a tripod and a monopod. I do not do movies. If I want to shoot a short movie type shot, I use my cell phone.

I do like Macro. I have filters for the SX50. I also have a Canon 20D and all the flashes and controls for it. It's nice to have the hot shoe if I want it. I'll probably give the 50 to daughter if the 60 works. Looks like you people over here are more technical. I can't believe the nonsense of some of the fanboys for any camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

northernclaw
Contributor

Got the camera, looks good. Was able to use the manual focus far more easily than the 50. The dial is a little hard to turn or click on the left side, but should get used to that. Having that dratted self-timer off the dial is great. I can't accidentally fat finger it. I like the macro focus better, too.

Also have the camera wifi working. I got pics directly into Adobe Photoshop CS3 via wifi. This means I can edit a pic to send via MMS without having to find a USB cord. Or just save the photo as a PSD which can be edited without loss.  can also load all pics (as files) into a USB stick and put them into the offline XP desktop. The desktop monitor is calibrated, the laptop isn't. Desktop is dual boot with Linux Mint being the main OS.

Will be checking photos taken outside before I do any more customizing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

northernclaw
Contributor

Got the camera, looks good. Was able to use the manual focus far more easily than the 50. The dial is a little hard to turn or click on the left side, but should get used to that. Having that dratted self-timer off the dial is great. I can't accidentally fat finger it. I like the macro focus better, too.

Also have the camera wifi working. I got pics directly into Adobe Photoshop CS3 via wifi. This means I can edit a pic to send via MMS without having to find a USB cord. Or just save the photo as a PSD which can be edited without loss.  can also load all pics (as files) into a USB stick and put them into the offline XP desktop. The desktop monitor is calibrated, the laptop isn't. Desktop is dual boot with Linux Mint being the main OS.

Will be checking photos taken outside before I do any more customizing.

I solved it myself
Announcements