cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX530 HS WIFI Old Question

Dchbbc
Apprentice

I know this is an old topic but…..

I bought a used SX530HS for the sole purpose of the WIFI. Can a get a definitive answer about if the WIFI works anymore? 

I don’t want suggestions about the SD card or cables. I know that and that is not what I’m trying to do.

I joined Camera Window, have an account, downloaded the Windows software, the app for my iphone, updated the cameras firmware and still nothing.

When I try to set it up to my iphone it never finds the phone (13 Pro Max). When I try to set up to my PC, it finds the 2 PC’s in my house but after trying for 5 minutes, it won’t connect. When I try to connect to the Canon Utility and enter my user name and password it say connection to the server failed.

Is the whole WIFI thing dead now? If not can someone tell me specifically what I need to do and what I need to download? So much of the info is outdated since it’s an old camera. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Dchbbc,

The wireless options of the PowerShot SX530 HS are still usable. In case you are wanting to connect directly to the online cloud service that we offer then we recommend to please update the firmware on the camera. Canon used to offer the Canon Image Gateway but that has been replaced with the image.canon service.

You may download the firmware update by clicking on the following link. Step by step directions are included inside the download file that will assist you with updating the camera's firmware.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca...

For connecting the PowerShot SX530 HS directly to a phone via Wi-Fi, please download and install the Canon Camera Connect app which is available for free from the app store on your mobile device. Please follow the set up wizard that is available within the app to set up the connection between the camera and the phone. We recommend to disable any VPN service or feature on your phone prior to establishing the connection since this may interfere with the wireless connection. You may also refer to page 102 of the user guide for steps on connecting a mobile device to the camera's access pointy:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/6/0300017416/02/pssx530hs-cu2-en.pdf

For connecting the camera to a computer, please make sure to first run the Wi-Fi connection set up wizard that is located in the Canon Utilities folder in the list of installed apps on your Windows computer. You may then follow the steps on page 105 of the user guide to establish the connection.

In case you need further assistance then please reach out to our phone support team where they can assist you in real time with troubleshooting these wireless connection concerns. Their phone number is 1-800-652-2666 and they are available Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST.

Announcements