cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot S95 randomly turning on and switching modes

jhelmsie
Apprentice

Hello,

as simplified in the title, my powershot S95 is randomly turning on and going to the “browse photos” mode. It won’t turn on when I want it to, but when it randomly turns itself on and goes to browse, it allows me a short period of time to switch modes and shoot whatever photos I need. I mostly use it casually, but I love it for vacations which is why I’m disappointed that I can’t seem to take photos when I want. Plus the battery drains a lot as well. Does anyone have a possible fix for this??

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jhelmsie,

For an issue like this we would recommend loading a different battery in the camera to see if the same thing happens. Sometimes if the battery is malfunctioning it can cause issues like this. If the same thing happens with a different battery normally we would recommend sending the camera in for service, but the PowerShot S95 is out of service life. Due to that the only option available for that model through Canon is the Canon Upgrade Program.

This program allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera for a discounted price and have it shipped via ground delivery. The cameras offered through this program carry a one year warranty.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Saturday. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Announcements