cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer 5D Mk3 images to computer using 6D WiFi?

calexcyou
Apprentice

Hello, i am in a wierd situation , i am out of town on a photography shoot, and i am using my 5D Mark 3 ( does not have a wifi ) , i forgoit to bring my cable and disk uploader to upload images on my computer. My computer does not have a slot for a disk.

i did bring my 6D for a back up camera which does have WiFi, My question is can i take the disk out of the 5D and place it in the 6d and use the wifi to upload images ?

I am not close to a town to look for any cables or such.

thanks

www.alexcentrella.com

www.alexcentrella.com
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I personally would not do this.  Moving cards between cameras can be risky.  I'm not saying it won't work but you could run the risk of data loss or corruption.  A little like gambling.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The most likely result of this endeavor is the files will get transferred to the circular file.  As noted, swapping cards between camera bodies is highly inadvisable.  You will likely lose your image.s

Besides, Wi-Fi is the slowest way to move your images, but it is okay for moving one image.  The camera is not fully networkable.  Bluetooth is also slow.  The camera uses Wi-Fi communications technology to speed up the slower transfer speeds of Bluetooth.

It is better to use a memory card or a USB cable to move images.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
click here to view the gallery
Announcements