cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX530 HS - Trouble Uploading Videos from Wifi

jessdixie
Apprentice

I recently purchased this camer and am having trouble figuring out how to upload videos longer than 2 minutes. I have connected via wifi to my phone, computer, Canon Image Gateway but when I try to transfer the videos it say they must be shorter than 2 minutes. What do I need to do to transfer longer videos? 

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jessdixie,

Thanks for posting.

When transferring movies, the total playback time cannot exceed 2 minutes, whether that's a couple of one minute clips or a single 2 minute movie.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is a complete upset. What is the purpose of it continuing to record if we can not a SINGLE thing with a video over 2 minutes except look at it on the camera. A $50 smartphone with factory storage can send a 10 min video in seconds but god forbid you spend hundreds on a device then "quick clips only". The annoyance of walking back to stop a video every 60-120 seconds is enough to drive someone insane. BONKERS. Thanks for admitting the stupidity of the products though so I stop searching for help.

From page 117 of the SX530 User's Guide.

Canon04.jpg

ChircopSylvia47
Apprentice
That is very upsetting 😞 because I got this camera for Christmas. And now I find out about this we can’t so not wroth of getting...
Announcements