cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Help needed downloading still photos

MichaelTX
Apprentice

I'm a still photographer, only, and shoot with the R6. Is the EOS Webcam Utility supposed to work for still photos as well as videos? If so, then I did something wrong when I installed it. (When I started having trouble with EOS3 I uninstalled it and then went to reinstall. That's I saw the message that it was not available for Sequoia.) Does this mean until Canon gets caught with Apple we go back to the card readers? If so, will we be notified when that is available?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, MichaelTX!

So that we can better understand what you're asking, are you simply trying to download your images (photos and videos) to your computer?  If that's the case, you'll want EOS Utility.  Please note the difference in the application's name as EOS Webcam Utility lets you turn your camera into a webcam for livestreaming and videoconferencing while EOS Utility handles the transfer of images and videos stored on your camera's memory card onto your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

When I went to Canon website to reinstall the eos3 it said no Utility for Sequoia. (???) "There is no software or utility for the macOS Sequoia v15."

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

If you want the most reliable method, and arguably the fastest, the USB reader is still the way to go.  Canon seems to have an on-going issue with Macs particularly - I have never really had an issue with Canon apps on Windows.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks for your input. I've enjoyed downloading my photos via wifi and the EOS3 system. Was also good for updating firmware.

March411
Rising Star

Hey Michael, take a look at this thread from Sept. It is a direct response regarding camera connectivity for macOS Sequoia with a link.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-Webcam-Utility-Pro/EOS-Webcam-Utility-Pro-Sequoia-Update/m-p/...

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Announcements