cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX30 IS Not Recogized By Computer

georgedn
Apprentice

I have a Powershot SX30 IS that in the past would fire up the camera window when camera was connected and downloaded photos.  It worked for a long time on this computer running Windows 7.  Then the camera window would not start and the computer would not recognize the camera.  I have no idea what updates, etc may have been installed to cause this.  Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 Home hoping something would change but it hasn't.  I uninstalled all Canon software and reinstalled it with no change.  I tried different USB ports and a different cable to no avail.  Can someone please help me with some ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you have Windows Media Player installed with your Windows 10?  Try starting "Camera Window" manually, too.

The drivers for the camera need to be re-installed and/or updated.  WMP contains many drivers, and manually starting the program may cause it to update its' own drivers.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your quick reply.

Media Windows Player is installed.  I tried opening Camera Window but a popup says it cannot detect camera. Where do I find the drivers?  From Canon?  If so, I have been to the Canon support site looking for drivers but I am told the following:  "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

@georgedn wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply.

Media Windows Player is installed.  I tried opening Camera Window but a popup says it cannot detect camera. Where do I find the drivers?  From Canon?  If so, I have been to the Canon support site looking for drivers but I am told the following:  "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

I would suggest contacting Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements