cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX620HS won't connect to new Win10 desktop with wifi card

Randyd69
Apprentice

Our QC person got a new Windows 10 Pro desktop, he had a temporary Windows 10 Pro laptop. His Powershot SX620HS worked fine on it. He got a new Windows 10 Pro desktop computer with a TP-Link AC1200 Wireless PCI Express adapter. The wireless card connects to our wireless network with no problem at all. On the camera I deleted the old computer name and put in the new computer. But camera can't find it. It can find the Wireless Access Point. Is there anything I am missing as to why the camera cannot find the computer? Network discovery is on, on the new desktop.

Thanks in advance for  your help.

Randy Duly

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi, Randy!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

I am in no hurry. But it would be nice to know how to fix. Thanks,

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting.

The access point will be the same one as the one used by your laptop- your router.

Once you've entered the user name and password for the router, you should "see" the computer, allowing you to search for it, using the Devices and Printers (in the Control Panel) "Add a Device" option.

If you continue to encounter difficulty, please contact our toll-free Technical Support Team. You may reach them by calling 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

We ended up turning the wifi card in the desktiop into a personal hotspot and connecting via the hotspot. The camera was able to see the computer. Then we could use Windows Explorer to connect to the camera and download our pictures. Bypassing the Canon Image transfer program. 

It works, so that all that matters to us. 

Thanks everyone who have responded.

Sincerely,

Randy Duly

Announcements