cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot S110 - what camera settings & download from iPhoto

pbardi
Apprentice
I have a Canon Powershot S110. I want to be able to taking photos that are good for doing digital printing for publicity.  I need advice about what settings I need to have for this. I am downloading my photos into IPhoto & following instructions to keep the image original  for exporting, also dragging the original from IPhoto to a separate folder. Each time I do this the graphic designer says the pixels are too small for printing & the image will be blurry.  I am using Still Image Aspect 4:3 & M1 for printing up to A3 size. I am shooting the photos on auto.  Can anyone advise as to what I am doing wrong?  I take a lot of movement photos in class & want to be able to print them in good quality for digital printing. Thank you for your consideration. 
1 REPLY 1

smack53
Mentor

My initial thought is to set the image quality to L, since the M1 setting reduces the photos to 6MP in 4:3 aspect.  The L setting keeps the images at 12MP in 4:3 aspect. The more pixels, the better the images when enlarged. There is less interpolation for the software to do to print out photos with higher megapixel counts. Even though the camera indicates that you should be able to print A3 size, I have a feeling that something is getting redefined in the IPhoto software, and that the output size is based on using the camera straight to a printer.

Steve M.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements