cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Mark III custom sound settings always reverting to auto

Haledamage
Apprentice

Has anyone else had an issue with the sound settings on the G7x mkiii reverting back to auto after turning the camera off and back on. I’ve set and saved the settings multiple times and it’s frustrating to have to go in and set my mic up every time I turn the camera on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your input. My mic setup was still plugged in. I took the battery out without powering the camera off and it started working as it should again. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Haledamage,

If you are using an external microphone, once the camera is powered off and the mic disconnected, the settings will revert to using the internal microphone. You can save commonly used shooting modes and configured settings for reuse using the custom shooting mode (C mode). This can be setup in the Tools (yellow wrench) menu #5. You can follow the steps for this starting on page 286 in the user's manual. I have attached a link to the manual HERE for your reference. 

Thanks for your input. My mic setup was still plugged in. I took the battery out without powering the camera off and it started working as it should again. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements