cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G16 shows error E60 upon Wi-Fi connection

bryons
Apprentice

Hello,

My camera is currently showing 'Camera error was detected. Will shut down automatically. Restart camera. E60' when I try to connect to wifi/app/computer wirelessly. I've reset the wifi and camera settings and the issue is persistent. It will show this error and then turn the camera off.

Any ideas on the cause/potential fixes? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings bryons,

For our mirrorless cameras, an Error 60 relates to an error occurring which prevents the camera from shooting to where the lens movement may be obstructed. The issue may be similar for your PowerShot camera, and we would recommend checking that the lens is clear from obstructions.

Since you've already reset the camera and if the above information does not help then the next step would have been to recommend on sending the PowerShot G16 to our facility but unfortunately, the facility no longer services this model. An alternative option would be to participate in the Canon Upgrade Program.

The Canon Upgrade Program option allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera at a discounted price. If you would like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Be sure to have your serial number for your camera available at the time of your call.

Announcements