cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know the history of the PowerShot SX270 HS

COphotoguy53
Apprentice

Hello all, 

I am trying to find out how long they manufactured the Canon PowerShot SX270 HS for? Or specifically how old the Canon PowerShot SX270 HS is that I have? Can I tell by the serial number? The serial is 652215XXXXXXX. (serial number partially hidden for privacy) Also, how do I tell the age of the battery? Is the age this? RDLH 2013.4 Does that mean the battery was manufactured in 2013 and in the mouth of April? I can't use to the Canon serial number checker because they don't have the Canon PowerShot SX270 HS in their list.  

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
According to DPReview.com, and the Canon Global Museum:
PowerShot SX280 HS - Canon Camera Museum (global.canon)
the Canon PowerShot SX270 HS (a variant of the SX280HS) was released in March, 2013. 
However, it could have been manufactured since then.  To source a manufacture date for your specific camera, you are best to contact Canon support in your area.  If you are in the US it's 800-OK-CANON.
I cannot find any info on the date of a battery, not sure why you need that info. 

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
According to DPReview.com, and the Canon Global Museum:
PowerShot SX280 HS - Canon Camera Museum (global.canon)
the Canon PowerShot SX270 HS (a variant of the SX280HS) was released in March, 2013. 
However, it could have been manufactured since then.  To source a manufacture date for your specific camera, you are best to contact Canon support in your area.  If you are in the US it's 800-OK-CANON.
I cannot find any info on the date of a battery, not sure why you need that info. 

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements