cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer does not recognize my canon camera. Any suggestions, please??

dmanyari
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority
Hi Dmanyari

Do you have the Canon software that comes with the camera installed on the computer?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Hi, new here.

I have the same problem and have the software installed. I am able to connect to my phone and my wife's i-pad, but the computer is where I store photos and that's the main reason I got a wifi camera.

I've only had the camera less than 24 hours and may yet figure it out but thought I'd post here anyway.

Powershot SX280HS.

Hi yodap!

Welcome to the forum!

What operating system is running on your computer?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Mike,

I actually got it working at least as far as transferring pictures over wifi, using the Image Transfer Utility. There is more I need to learn but haven't had time since the weekend.

My apologies to the original poster for hijacking of the thread. I did not realize he was talking about a cabled connection.

Win7 HP 64bit

Yes Scott, it is. It used to work well.

But something happened. Now when I plug in the camera, the computer does not recognize it at all; thus no chance trying to comunicate with the camera.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements