cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues downloading pictures from a Canon Powershot SX50 HS.

dschlechte
Apprentice

My husband bought me a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS camera for Christmas.  Everytime I try to download the pictures, I encounter errors, and then the pictures are automatically erased from my memory card!  I have replaced my memory card twice, and that is not causing the issue.  It is very frustrating because I lose almost all of my pictures!  I have been able to retrieve them by taking my memory card to a local camera store and they recover some of them, but not all.  I can't keep doing that everytime I want to download my pictures!  HELP!

4 REPLIES 4

smack53
Mentor

So that the community can assist you better, please let us know what type of computer and operating system you trying to download the photos to. (Windows 8, Windows 7, etc, or an Apple computer...etc.)  Are you using a card reader or USB cable from the camera, and if so, what software are you using?

Thank you!

The operating system I have is Windows 7 and I'm using a card reader to download the pics.  I've also tried using the USB cable and the same thing happens.

If you are using the Windows "import pictures and videos" that pops up when you insert the card in the card reader, then make sure you click on "Import Settings" and uncheck the box to "Always Erase From Device After Importing." That should keep the pictures from getting lost.

Smack53

Thanks.  I'll check that and see if it helps.  🐵

Announcements