cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was only able to download photos from my Canon G9X to my iPad using Canon Camera Connect one time

Twowheelertim
Contributor

I was only able to download photos from my Canon G9X to my iPad using Canon Camera Connect one time. Now I get "device not found" (note: I use wifi at different hotels). I can't download using a usb cable either ("The device requires too much power.") Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You must reconfigure your wireless connection from scratch whenever you change to a different wireless access point with the camera and iPad. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks. I tried to edit the iPad data on my G9x, but they seem to have simplified it so much I can't get a me menu to reconfigurate the connection. I have been retired 10 yrs and out of the rech loop.

Canon has wireless help videos online for many cameras, at each camera's support page.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

Use the above link to find your support page.  Type your camera model number in the box, followed by a space, and wait for the dropdown menu to appear.  Click on your model number, which takes you to that support page. 

You should see a white box in the middle of the page labeled "Wireless Help."  The same link can also be found by scrolling UP to the top of the page, and clicking on the red "Product Information" box, which opens a menu that has "Wireless Help" as one of the choices.

In a pinch for time?  You can always contact Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks again! Will research next week when return to U.S.

Ok. It's working. Found a selectionon the G9 X wifi menu that gave me a "manual" option. Thanks for hearing me out.

Actually, the wifi downloaded only worked twice in the two weeks I was in Europe. The hotel wifi may have had firewwalls to prevent the camera from linking to the iPad. Thee may have also have been a wifi password problem that the camera cannot address after the wifi changes. Canon may have to allowmore wifi option screens.

I'm going to contact Canon tech support whenIget time.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements