cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Download New Pictures from my Canon SX 730 HS

lovey5111
Apprentice

I have been having a problem w my point & click Canon SX 730 HS camera that no longer downloads new pictures to my MAC ProBook laptop, which is running OS Sonoma 14.2.1. It used to automatically download when I plugged it into the USB slot, but now it doesn't. I tried to find software that allows the downloading, but couldn't find it. Can anyone help me? I am concerned because I have an upcoming vacation at the end of this week. Thanks community!

Marsha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

Does your MacBook Pro have a built-in SD card reader? That would be the easiest method going forward for importing photos.

Add-on card readers are fairly inexpensive if you need one. Be sure to stick with a reputable brand such as SanDisk and get the correct USB cable that will work with your computer.

Additionally, here's an Apple Support Article that may help.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite

Does your MacBook Pro have a built-in SD card reader? That would be the easiest method going forward for importing photos.

Add-on card readers are fairly inexpensive if you need one. Be sure to stick with a reputable brand such as SanDisk and get the correct USB cable that will work with your computer.

Additionally, here's an Apple Support Article that may help.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Why is everyone's answer to use a card reader?? I'm having serious troubles getting my pics and vids to my pc and have them go to their date taken folders like the old image browser did. I miss that program a lot !!! Any card reader does NOT do that! 

Because it works.

On a Mac, Image Capture will do a lot of what you want, and you can use AppleScript to do the rest.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I beta test for a couple other big software companies and Sonoma has been a big problem. I suspect you need upgraded software for you camera. An SD reader is a good idea to get by.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try running imagecapture directly with the camera plugged in.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I just tried it last night on Sonoma and did have to run Image Capture. Then I hit the three little dots and selected Photos to open when my camera is plugged in.

Announcements