cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELPH 330 - video mode timeout

gmosley
Apprentice

How do I extend the default video mode timeout of 10 minutes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, so here's the bad news....even though the total record time is 29 min for that card, the video will stop automatically when it reaches 4 GB in 1920 and 1280 modes. The information below is from page 172 of the owner manual. It seems it won't matter what card you have in, it will stop at 10 minutes in those modes.

CaptureElph330.PNG

Steve M.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

smack53
Mentor

What settings are you using that cause a ten minute timeout? (1080P, 720P, etc.) What size memory card are you using in the camera? I don't see anything in the manual about video default timeouts, unless the issue is the camera power saving feature. That can be changed by going into the menu and selecting the power saving adjustment and either turning off the power saving feature or selecting a longer time before power down.

It would help if you could clarify these items so that the community can render better assistance.

Steve M.

OK. I'm using 1080P with an empty 8GB memory card (good for 29+ min). I've pored over the manual repeatedly and can't find anything about default timeout settings, either. I've tried turning off both Eco Mode and Power Save (seperately and together). No matter what I do, the display elements on the view screen shift to red (warning) at the 9'49¨ mark and then stops recording at 10 minutes (actually, around 9'57¨). The camera doesn't power off at that point, just stops recording. I lost some valuable footage this past Summer when I didn't realize that recording had stopped.

There has to be a setting somewhere.

Okay, so here's the bad news....even though the total record time is 29 min for that card, the video will stop automatically when it reaches 4 GB in 1920 and 1280 modes. The information below is from page 172 of the owner manual. It seems it won't matter what card you have in, it will stop at 10 minutes in those modes.

CaptureElph330.PNG

Steve M.

Thanks, Steve. Couldn't be clearer now.

I suspect that limitations were done to ensure sales of video cameras. Since I don't do much with video, I did not realize that even my SX150 camera was limited as well to 10 minutes.

Steve M.

Announcements