cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Display Information: Logic of Active/Non-Active Icons Options?

Grazie
Rising Star

I’m attempting to understand the Logic and value of On and Off of these. Could somebody clarify what’s happening or the value of Selecting each of these four, please?

F4D65925-C671-4121-9AC0-8BFF4EED2BA5.jpeg

I’ve annotated those 1 and 2 on a BLACK Background and then 1 and 2 on a WHITE Background. I’d dearly love to hear any explanation for the differences. I can’t appreciate these nuances and I would truly like to. 🤔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I understand your question....One set is for the LCD and the other is for the Viewfinder so one can choose to display different info on both

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You need to put in some more practice using the camera.  Those settings customize the display.  You will not know what you might want until you start using the camera.

1. Shooting Info - describes the camera’s operating mode and exposure settings.  You need to know how read this.
  2. Grid Lines - Are used to help you line up and frame a shot, like leveling the horizon.
  3. Electronic Level - Helps you level the camera on multiple axis: roll and pitch.
  4. Histogram - Displays how much light is being captured at varying light intensities.

Keep on clicking.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

You need to put in some more practice using the camera.  Those settings customize the display.  You will not know what you might want until you start using the camera.

Well, I've done much local government work here in London and the home counties; filmed and edited National Lottery post submission work; a ton of building refurbishment activity; oh yeah Weddings Smiley Very Happy ; I've been swinging a camera professionally since 1995 . . . So I kinda know my way around your helpful checklist. I strongly advise noobies to take your list onboard. Prior to the SX60 I had had the SX50 for 5 years. My Pro work cammie is the now aging but goodie, Canon XF300, luv it. I've rigged it up with a Follow Focus and a three chamber Matt Box.

So, it's not the knowing about what those controls DO, it's rather what I said. I want to know about those Controls at the TOP of each of those columns. There is the OPTION to click on/off those NUMBERS. What is the logic of those controls/feature set. If you know, pray do tell?

If I understand your question....One set is for the LCD and the other is for the Viewfinder so one can choose to display different info on both

@John_ wrote:

Aha! Thanks John. I’ll try it out later. I’m not a fond of the VF - always the SCREEN.

You're welcome! Ok good so the first 2 columns allow you to set different custom displayed info for the LCD and the second 2 columns for the Viewfinder. You scroll thru those info screens using the down arrow...good luck to you!

Yes, on closer inspection of the grapics it is as plain as a pike staff: LCD=BLACK Icon 1&2 EVF=BLACK Icon 1&2. Soooo... How to switch between the TWO options? Does that mean I need to access the MENU? There's no QUICK Button?

The Display button on the back of the camera also called the down arrow will switch the views on the LCD and EVF that you customized in the Custom Display settings. ONce you edit those custom display options there's no need to go back to the menus, just use that Display button.

@John_ wrote:

ONce you edit those custom display options there's no need to go back to the menus, just use that Display button.

Firstly, John, thank you for your patience..... O...K... I know all this. I truly do.

Secondly, what I want to do is SWITCH between LCD setup 1 with NO Icons and LCD Setup 2 with ALL Icons. And, the only way I know how to do this is to delve/back into the MENU.

No problem Grazie your quite welcome. I learn while trying to help and enjoy the process. I am a patient man and these cameras have many settings, buttons etc. Patience is required with us as well as with the camera. As a disclaimer, there are many here much more knowledgeable about photography.

So, on my SX50HS there is a dedicated Display button on the rear. When I press that it switches the LCD from Custom settings in LCD1 to LCD2 to LCD Off and then it goes to the EVF1 to EVF2 as I keep pressing Display. 

On your SX60HS the Display button, item 19 from the picture, is on the dial. By pressing it should do exactly what you are wanting Custom Display LCD1~~~>LCD2~~~~>LCD OFF~~~~>EVF1~~~~>EVF2~~~~~>and so on and so forth as you keep pressing the Display button it will keep cycling thru them. 

.Lastly since you mentioned "Icons" you can change which Icons are displayed when you press the Func/Set button in your Menu under the Func Menu Layout. I'm not sure if that is relevant but since you mentioned Icons I thought I'd chuck it in here. My SX50 does not have that option.

Display button.JPG

Announcements