cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon photos not uploading videos

Annamiller
Apprentice

Hello, 

I just registered my canon power shot G7 X markii to canon photos.

The photos have been uploading successfully but no videos have uploaded. 

Is there a setting I can change? Is it the strength of my wifi?

How can I fix this so videos upload as well?

Thank you,

Anna

8 REPLIES 8

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Anna,

Thanks for checking in with us!

The options available will vary somewhat depending on your setup. What program are you using to upload your images and what operating system is your computer running?

Hello, I'm using canon photos to sync my images, and I have a macbook Pro 2020. I think my operating system is OSX Big Sur? Whatever it is, it is recent as I just invested in a new computer. Let me know what I can do to sync my videos as well 🙂

Thank you, Anna

Hi Anna,

Have you tried using Image Capture? Its a program built into your Mac operating system and should read both photo and video files.

1) Click on the Finder icon in your dock (the square smiley face with a line down the middle).

2) Select Applications.

3) Image Capture will be listed in here, double click it to open it.

4) Once Image Capture is open connect the camera and computer with the USB cable. At that point Image Capture should see the camera and begin showing the photos.

5) Once the photos are loaded in you can select the folder you want to save to at the bottom of the window and you can import with the Import button in the bottom right of the window.

Hello. I was hoping I could find a way to upload videos wirelessly, as I don't have the cables to connect the camera to my computer and would need to buy a cable to connect to the camera as well as a usb output for the computer. Is there any way to transfer videos wirelessly?

Thank you.

I am having the exact same problem.  Photos upload fine but videos won't. 

In theory, you should be able to upload videos as well, but it can take substantially longer.

To get a better sense of what you're facing, please elaborate on how you're connecting.

Are you trying to upload to your computer, mobile device, or our image hosting site at https://image.canon?

How long are the videos you are trying to upload?

What settings are you using for the video?

To the image hosting site,  The videos are about 1 min long.  Standard settings for the video (just hit "record" to take them, nothing else.)  After syncing, the camera says "There are no unsent images" but the videos do not come up on the hosting site.  The pictures all come up fine.

I have the same difficulty. When uploading to the web service image.com I only get photos, no videos. My camera (Powershot SX720 HS) records video in MP4 format. It is not a question of taking time, nothing is happening once the photos have been uploaded. Need some practical advice here, please, I can not lose these videos.
Announcements