cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX600 HS- The right advance button is not working

donschorr
Contributor

Any help to resolve this will be appreciated.

Recently the right advance button will not work on the back of the camera.  

The Up, Down and Left buttons work fine.

Any ideas to get it back to working?

Thanks in advance!

Don

9 REPLIES 9

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There's not a menu option to disable this button, but the factory service center may be able to take care of it for you.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Thank you for your response Mark, I will ask them and let the board know what the factory service center says.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd start with a Camera Reset. 

If that fails, then a call to Canon Support 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I can't get past the 2nd page of start a repair... once on the second page it will not let me enter anything.  

Do I need to register the camera first?

I registered the camera and still can't create a service ticket... 

You might give them a day or two to update their information and then try it again. Is this a new U.S. market camera being registered with Canon USA?

BurnUnit, no this is an older unit- I scrolled down the web page to discover they are not servicing the unit anymore, but offered their toll free # to give them a call to see if they can help resolve the problem.

Thank you.

donschorr
Contributor

To summarize about this issue-

Reset did not accmplish anything.

Customer support while nice, did not accomplish anything other than tell me about their "upgrade" program, if I wanted to spend $ to replace the unit with a re-furb.

Bottom line- it is a trash bin item, not supported by Canon and also no repair possibliltiy.

@donschorr wrote:

To summarize about this issue-

Reset did not accmplish anything.

Customer support while nice, did not accomplish anything other than tell me about their "upgrade" program, if I wanted to spend $ to replace the unit with a re-furb.

Bottom line- it is a trash bin item, not supported by Canon and also no repair possibliltiy.

Unfortunatley, your assessment is spot on. It is cost prohibitve to repair the camera.  However, this is true of all cameras in this market segment.  Pick any manufacturer you want, their 6 year old point and shoots are selling for less than half the price of their original retail prices.  While not designed to be disposable, the reality of the economics makes them so.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements