cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX 530 HS Lens Reassembly

LensProblem
Apprentice

I am looking for instructions on how to reassemble the lens on this camera. It fell and jammed the lens. I have taken the camera apart and have found no broken parts. I need help putting the lens barrels in alignment so they extend and retract appropriately. A video on reassembly would be helpful.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The SX-530 is about 8 years old. I'm not sure if Canon is still servicing this model. If you log into mycanon.com and register the device, you can see what service options are available.

For liability reasons, Canon does not provide disassembly or reassembly instructions.

Repair videos may be available. You'd have to search YouTube for that.  Another option is US camera, they sell diagrams, schematics and parts.  Canon will also sell you parts if you know what you need.

Repairs can be tricky, and they often require parts, tools and calibration equipment most of us don't have access to.  Because of this, I am not an advocate of self-repair.   

Another option you might try is midwestcamera dot com.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I would suggest you seriously consider this option from Keh Camera:

Screenshot 2023-03-31 092457.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I like John's suggestion best 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements