cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX740 HS overrides my selected focus

PowerShot88
Apprentice

When centering my subject of interest in the focus box and partially depressing the shutter, my camera will still want to focus on something else. Any ideas on settings that I should be making?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, PowerShot88!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you've got and what focus settings it's using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a powershot sx740 usually using A, P, or sports mode. Often I am shottting outside in nature where what I am trying to focus on seems to be less interesting than what my camera wants to focus on. Focus is sometimes just a hit or miss thing and I've lost some good shots that I was aiming for.

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello PowerShot88,

I would ask that you make sure the camera is set to Center point AF (autofocus). First, set the camera to the P (Program AE) mode. Then press the Q button. On the Quick Control screen, choose the AF selection options, should be top left icon. Once highlighted, the AF options will display across the bottom of the LCD screen. Scroll over to the AF option furthest to the right.

Announcements