cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Powershot S110 Soft Focus

47greyfox
Enthusiast

When I use the camera (rarely), no matter what mode I'm trying, I get the "keep camera steady" icon in the lower left corner of the LCD. Sometimes, if lens is at widest point, I don't see it. However, in all situations other than that, it's there and the resulting image is out of focus. Doesn't matter what mode or ISO setting. I read somewhere that using manual focus helps but I'm thinking whoever suggested that has never really tried manually focusing a handheld camera where the rear LCD is the only viewfinder. I'd also like to try fully resetting the camera back to factory built but the camera reset setting in the menu system doesn't go that far. So.... unless there's a magic pill, I'd like to try the hard reset next. If anyone knows it, please share. p.s. - I've tried the take out battery and mem card and hold down on/off switch for two minutes suggestion and it doesn't work. Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The G5x are a nice alternative. I like the G1x larger sensor but the G5x ii has longer zoom and a brighter lens as well. You can't have too many cameras. Also looking at the Lumix ZS series...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

The G5x are a nice alternative. I like the G1x larger sensor but the G5x ii has longer zoom and a brighter lens as well. You can't have too many cameras. Also looking at the Lumix ZS series...

47greyfox
Enthusiast

Forgot to mention.... yeah, I definitely like the G5x ii but ideally for riding, I'd like to have a RX100 or G5X or Lumix ZS100 sized camera with a EVF and at least 600mm equiv at the long end. I also like the Canon Powershot SX730/740 but no view finder or RAW file. I've owned the SX50 and SX60 but because its/they are bridge cameras, size is not ideal for road biking. The Sony DSC-HX99 would probably work but they are getting hard to find. 

Announcements