cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G7 X Mark II disconnected message

Sonofdel50
Apprentice

Hi All,  This is frustrating me and i cant seem to find out why it is happening.

I am trying to connect my canon g7 x mark II to my windows 11 pc wirelessly.  I can connect USB no problem.  I have followed all the instructions and it still does not connect.  The camera finds my pc by name but when it tries to connect, after about 30 seconds it just says disconnected.  Its not my antivirus as i have disabled it while i try and solve the issue.  I have tried reinstalling software, updating drivers, Rebooting my pc and nothing works.

Any help would be massively appreciated thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Windows 10 uses the “Image Transfer Utility”, not Camera Window.  Windows 11 seems to be supported for DPP4, but not Image Transfer, Canon Connect, or EOS Utility

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What app is running on the PC?  

i am not sure what you mean ??  if you mean what software to connect to the camera i am just using canon camera window.  Do i need certain software for my pc to recognize the camera??  Camera window just says 'no camera detected'  

Windows 10 uses the “Image Transfer Utility”, not Camera Window.  Windows 11 seems to be supported for DPP4, but not Image Transfer, Canon Connect, or EOS Utility

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca... 

Thanks for your help.  I guess i will just have to wait until there is a way to connect wirelessly to my windows 11 pc 🙂

Announcements