cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot "Perform Remote Shooting" on Canon CameraWindow on DroidX

sissiromy
Apprentice

I just bought a Canon SX510 HS, and I was able to connect my DroidX smartphone running Android 2.3.3 to the camera by way of the WiFi settings.  When I launch Canon Camera Window (CW) on the DroidX, it does not show the function "Perform Remote Shooting" as the app is advertised on GooglePlay. I bought this camera so I can remotely control it with my DroidX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the CW app on the DroidX. HELP!  I like the camera and hate to have to return it because of some settings that I have missed. 

Sissi

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you paired the camera to the smartphone?

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, the camera and the DroidX are paired. The screen on the Canon CW app shows that the camera is connected, and I can use the function "View Images on Camera". But the function "Perform Remote Shooting" does not even appear on the app. In GooglePlay where I downloaded the app to the DroidX, this function is shown as the second function.  On my DroidX, only the first function "View Images on Camera" and the third function "Add Locations to images" are shown. Like I said, I reinstalled the app several times. I also paired and unpaired the camera and the DroidX by deleting devices and then adding the DroidX back to the camera.  HELP!

I went through the steps you pasted in your message, and I chose Camera Access Point, then I set my Droid X to connect to the camera as a network. The CW app on the DroidX shows Canon connected. The camera also has an icon showing the DroidX with a Wifi sign. But again, the CW app does not give me the option to "Perform Remote Shooting" on the camera. The camera allows to select an image to send to the DroidX and it was sent ok. So my guess is, they are paired all right. I actually want to do some selfies with this camera while it is mounted on a tripod, and use the DroidX to control the camera. The Canon website shows that it can be done with my camera (PowerShot SX 510 HS) and the Android version on my DroidX (2.3.3).

If I can't do that, I guess I do not need this camera, but I would be feeling so bad if it's just because I have missed some steps in this setup.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sissi

Announcements