cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slightly greyed background even when printing blank page in MF733Cdw

davecanonprint
Apprentice

As our "starter" toner approached 0% we noticed that our pages starting having greyish backgrounds as if the printer was trying to print a slightly off-white color as the background of a page.  You can see a thin white border around the edges of the page as if the intended print size was just slightly smaller than the Letter page.

Thinking this was due to the toner getting low, we replaced it, but the problem continues.

I've tried:

- Replacing all the toner. (B/W + Color)

- Updating printer software on the printer.

- Updating drivers on both Mac and Windows PCs.

- Using the copier feature of the printer (removing PCs from the equaton).

- Running the printer through some of its offered cleaning cycles.

Nothing seems to resolve the problem.  Any suggestions on what to look at next?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, Davecanonprint,

It sounds like a part of the printer needs to be cleaned or there is something wrong with the hardware or toner cartridge. The cleaning options I would suggest would be to clean the fixing assembly using the steps provided HERE or the transfer belt using the steps provided HERE.

If you have already performed those steps, I would suggest trying to reseat the new toner cartridge to make sure it is seated properly.

If you have already tried all of those steps, it looks like the printer may need service. You can use the link provided HERE to access your My Canon Account to check you service options or to contact our phone support team.

Announcements