cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up network scanner in a Mac environment

julejr
Apprentice

Our office is Mac based and we're using a Canon Image Runner 2535i as our network printer and scanner.  It's working fine as our network printer, but we're getting nothing from the scanner.  We've got it connected through an ethernet cable.  We're running OS X Lion. 10.7

Does anybody have experience with this and could guide us throug setting this up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found out that the CanonImage runner ir2535 will not scan to Mac OS10.7 and later.  This is not Canon's fault, but when Mac updated to Lion 10.7, they changed something that disabled the scanning on this machine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz
Hello julejr, thanks for posting.  Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!  If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OKCANON (652-2666) and we will be happy to provide dealers who are in your area.

Can I expect help from a dealer even though I didn't purchase the machine throught them?   I appreciate your lead.  Thank you.  

Hi julejr! Canon dealers are the sales, support and repair channel for our imageRUNNER products. If you don't have a Canon dealer, or if you're finding that a dealer is unable to assist, then our team at 1-800-OK-CANON can help you find a Canon dealer who will be able to help!

I found out that the CanonImage runner ir2535 will not scan to Mac OS10.7 and later.  This is not Canon's fault, but when Mac updated to Lion 10.7, they changed something that disabled the scanning on this machine.

Announcements