cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scan to email issues (806 errors) with MF445dw

D-Train
Apprentice

Hello:
I'm trying to scan to email with my new printer and have been successful in setting it up with Gmail but am stymied in setting it up with Hotmail. When I try to send it to my Hotmail I consistently get 806 Errors ("The e-mail address specified when sending e-mail/I-Faxes is not correct."). Both my Gmail and Hotmail use 2FA so I've set up an app password to use in my settings. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 (19043.1766).
Here are my settings:
Port Number Settings for SMTP: 587
SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
E-Mail Address: [OMITTED]@hotmail.com
POP RX: Off
POP Authentication Before Sending: Off
SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH): On
User Name: [OMITTED]@hotmail.com
Password: Set. [<- this is using my app password that I created]
Use TLS for SMTP: On
Verify Certificate: Off
Add CN to Verification Items: Off
Use TLS for POP: Off
I've been successful in using PowerShell's Send-MailMessage cmdlet to send a test email using the above settings.
Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
D'Arcy 

5 REPLIES 5

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you are getting an 806 error when scanning to email and the settings are correct, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check the settings and look into any other items that might be preventing the scan to email function from working with your hotmail account.

D-Train
Apprentice

Hi Hector:

I appreciate your reply. After contacting consumer support and discussing the matter for close to an hour, no headway was made. The consumer support representative just reviewed the above settings and concluded that my email address and/or app password was incorrect. Unfortunately, my subsequent testing using PowerShell's Send-MailMessage cmdlet confirmed that both my email address and app password were correct. Keeping in mind the importance of both myself and consumer support personnel time, I would appreciate *greatly* being put into contact with a specific Product Expert (like yourself) that will help me to quickly resolve the current issue. Any assistance you can provide would be most welcome! 

I don't know if the people in this thread have found the resolution to the 806 error or not yet. I recently bought a MF753 model peinter  and I was having the same problem. If you are using gmail the problem started when they changed their security policy when logging into your account with a 3rd party application in May 2022.  To fix the problem: go to your Goggle Account Page, select "security", and then search on "app passwords". In the left column select the drop down menu and select "mail". In the right dropdown column device, select "other" and type in your printer (or whatever you want). Then select "generate" and a password will be generated. Copy it, and then open up the UI for your printer, TX menu item, and use the generated password in the passwaord field for SMTP authentification. That should work.

Hello:

I appreciate your reply! I was able to figure out how to scan to my Gmail account. However, I was curious to know how to set-up the scan to email function for my Hotmail account.

Hi,

I have an msn.com, and a gmail account. I would not have a way to test a hotmail account. Their configs may be similar.

Announcements