cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Paper" message on MF810cdn

stanlyn
Apprentice

I'm getting a "no paper" on tray 1 message which is disabling the start button when trying to copy.  I purchased service manual and see nothing related to a sensor for tray one.  Where is the paper sensor for tray 1 and how does it work? Is it a mechanical, electrical or optical switch?

Thanks, Stanley  

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Stanlyn,

We do not have the ability to provide any service/repair steps for the printers. If the printer is stuck at a load paper message and will not let you perform a copy, you can try canceling any jobs on that might be on any of your computers and then turning the printer off and on. Once the printer is back up, you can try making a copy again and checking if you can change the paper tray settings to a different paper size/type or different paper source before making a copy. If you are unable to make any setting changes, you can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on.

If the printer continues to go to the load paper message before you can make a copy, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what the issue might be and can provide any service options.

Announcements