cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paper exit guide is broken in the middle

ymf4890
Apprentice

I have a canon MF4890dw printer. Is it possible to change paper exit guide part?

12 REPLIES 12

harleydude
Apprentice

Have you tried to glue it?  Mine broke right in half.

Thank you very much. I am not sure if glue works because this small piece connects with other part too. Do you see the small green tip? canonpart.jpg

Glue doesn't work. We tried. Canon knows this part is defective but is not standing by their product. Such a shame!

Same issue with MF4770n. Support team[CareCenter@cits.canon.com] does not know what it is by the picture.

According to [Canon Factory Service Center ], the replacement fee is over $100.

Poor design, disappointed!!!!!!

IMG_3998.JPG

Patrice
Whiz

Hi ymf4890!

It is recommended that you contact our telephone technical support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Although the forum may be your preferred method of communication, this issue must be handled with a telephone support represenative assisting you.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your attention. I did call them. I bought my printer in Jan. 2013 and they told me it is out of warrant now. they did give me a local service number. I called and was told that I need to pay about 40 bucks for the repair estimate only. I may need to pay about 100 more bucks to repair. I am just wondering if it worths it?

dreed
Apprentice

Same problem - poor design

UnhappyConsumer
Apprentice

Wehave the exact same issue! This STINKS!!! Canon, stand by your product!! All of these people telling you a part is defective and you do nothing. Our paper guide just up & snapped in half, untouched! It is defective. We called Customer Service. They won't sell you the part. They tell you to call in an authorized dealer.

Well, that will add about $100 to the cost of the thing. I do not think so!! Canon is not getting another penny of our money when they won't stand by their products. Buyer beware, this piece of junk will be useless to you once the defective part snaps and Canon will not care.

I am so disappointed. I really thought Canon was a quality company but this is a total ripoff.    

matcalig
Apprentice

Hey, i know i'm late to the party, but how did you solve it?

Announcements