cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Pixma G7020 bending paper and leaving black streaks down margins

lunacy43
Apprentice

Hello, I just received a Pixma G7020 yesterday brand new in the box. I went through the getting started guide and installed everything correctly and followed through all steps and didn't spill any ink. After the printer completed the calibration pages, cleanly and without any print quality or paper bending issues, I printed a few pages of sheet music and a couple of old faxes to test it out.

I have printed 9 pages total, and each page had bent corners and black, broken line of extra ink down the right margin. It wasn't a straight line, just haphazardly leaving black splotches.

I order a new ream of LTR paper with it, so the paper was fresh and unbent. I jogged it properly before putting it in the cassette and snugged the guides up properly.

Any advice on why it would do this fresh out of the box and what I can do to remedy?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lunacy43,

Because this issue is hardware related and also because your PIXMA G7020 is new, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

A Technical Support Representative can determine the cause of the issue and resolve it or provide you with your available service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements