cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my new printer

SK8NBY
Contributor

Just bought a MF741cdw printer, for some reason the printer prints a page and then pulls it back in as if duplex print was turned on, but it's not. I can find no setting for this or for that matter nothing about this on canon website. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

After it pulls the page back in what happens?  You don't indicate if there is an output or not?  You may find this useful:

https://go.oip.manual.canon/?rid=qbNM7YJz

Sorry for the low resolution image.

2 sided.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

When pulled in , it stops for about 5 sec. then outputs sheet witn nothing else printed since i have 2-sided (duplex) printing de-selected in settings. I should have included that in post.

Hi Sk8NBY.

The settings in the printer driver on the computer will override the settings on the printer itself. If you have not yet done so, open the printer's driver and ensure Duplex (two-sided) printing has been disabled there.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

All settings found on drivers and print preferences, print properties, are for disable 2-sided printing. I marked on top sheet in tray, hit print on laptop, watched as sheet fed. When in output, it pulls back in, flips sheet, then prints on backside because sheet ejects with print side down. Should be print  side up, right? Really not a problem with settings, is it?

apparently no help for this , huh? Any printer expert?

Found the fix myself. Being new to color laser land, i found setting the paper print side to SPEED instead of the other corrected the duplex flip to standard output. Still prints face down.I don't know if thats normal.

Hi SK8NBY.

Would you be willing to provide a screenshot of the setting? It may help other users who come across this thread in the future.

Thank you in advance.

Announcements