cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf8500c how to remove toner tray?

lazersgm
Apprentice

i have a mf8500c that the black prints very poorly. i would like to remove the toner tray so i can clean the glass on the laser. i have looked at the repair manual but still can't figure out how to get it out. i think this printing problem is caused by a lot of humidity in the room it is in. so i need to get to the laser glass to clean it. thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi lazersgm.

To prevent damage, those components are not generally accessible.  The toner cartridges for the MF8500C series are self-contained; modifying and removing parts from the toner cartridge is dangerous and not supported.

To correct printing problems, I recommend the automated cleanings and special processing settings; more information is available at the following page in the Online Manual:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-0300-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS8580_setting254_adjustmentmaintenance.html...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thanks for the reply. i am not looking to open the toner. that is self contained. i want to remove the tray that slides out that the toner is in. that way i can look up in to the printer and clean the glass that the laser comes through. i think that is has condensation or dirt on it and that is why the black is not printing correctly. it will print a bit better if i leave the printer on a few days and run the cleaning cycle a bunch of times. but it is still very light and streaked. i think if the printer is on a long time it removes some of the condensation from the lens and lets it print better. i use to repair laser printiers for ibm a long time ago. "20+" years. so i know how bad toner can be Smiley LOL

Announcements