cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf644cdw toner tray stuck

ktbrown
Apprentice

My new printer is out of toner. I open the front panel, pull the handle and the right side of the tray won't release.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no retention mechanism on the toner carrier.  Maybe turning the machine off would help, but the tray should slide out freely.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I tried that. I've watched videos on changing the toner and can see it suppose to just slide out. This thing won't budge. If I pull any harder something is going to break.

Hello Ktbrown,

The toner cartridge should just slide out, If it feels like it is stuck and you do not see any obstructions preventing you from removing the toner cartridge, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be able to walk you through the process or see why the toner will not come out. If it is a hardware issue, they can also provide your service options.

I have the identical problem with a MF632Cdw printer. The tray is stuck by a metal pin about 3/4 inch in on the right side looking at the printer. The toner tray will NOT come out.  I am deaf and customer service is ONLY available by phone. There isn't even a physical mailing address available to send a letter. ZERO customer support available for the deaf.

Hello Mauibuck,

The issue does look like the printer needs service, you can use the link HERE to log into your My Canon account to see what service options are available or you can contact our TDD (TTY) number at 1-855-270-3277 for support.

Dymond
Apprentice

FYI out there to the experts. I am having the same issue and its NOT the toner.. its the tray they are in that is stuck. Figure you might want to brush up on that before answering a question completely wrong. 

Dymond, you are ABSOLUTELY correct. Use a thin metal ruler or some other thin implement and you can feel the obstruction on the right side of the tray. Feels like a metal pin to me but there is a physical obstruction that prevents the tray from being removed. I am forced to switch to my ancient HP laser printer that is black only....but it works. 

Announcements