cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf632cdw - LOUD GRINDING NOISE

AMASSY
Contributor

HI - I have had my printer less than a year and it's recently started making a crazy loud grinding noise when I send something to print. I thought maybe it's the printer cartridge but they're all showing that there's over 1/2 ink left in each.

Any ideas?

What brand ink do people recommend?
Also - a 'tray' has detatched - think it's to do with the paper tray but where can I find images/diagrams of set up to see how it fits back into the printer.

ugg - Help!!

10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your printer has a 3 yr warranty.  As far as us trying to diagnose the sound you hear, thats going to be difficult through a support forum.

You can try making a video if you like...  But is may be hard to determine the source however.

I recommend Canon toners.  They cost a liitle more but will work best with the printer.

The manual might be the best place to see about loading paper and the location of the trays.

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAyNjgzMDA1&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi - thanks for your reply also.

I've checked there isn't a paper jam.

I've changed one of the ink cartridges as it was a different make to the other three. I've double checked there's no packaging left.

As soon as I close the front door it tries to do something - I haven't sent anything to print.  It just grinds loudly and doesn't stop.

I took a video but can't upload it for some reason.

Mine does the same thing. Did you get any answers?

Try taking your ink cartridges out and re-inserting them properly.

You can also try moving the drums of your cartridges a bit to make sure they are not blocked.

My printer was making awful noises and after doing what I just described, the noises went away

and the printer works like it used to to again.

Darius
Whiz

Hi AMASSY.

For a grinding noise, I recommend firstly opening the printer to where the toner is.  Pull the toner cartridge holder out, then check for any jammed paper.  If none is found, check that each of the toner cartridges is installed correctly, and that all packaging has been removed.

If the problem persists, our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thank you!! Will try your advice and let you know how I get on.

I think I should have an expert look at the printer. How do I do this? Can I request a callout through this forum or do I need to take it to a Canon office? i bought it at a Best Buy - should I go there??

Hi, AMASSY!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

okay - many thanks

Announcements