cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glossy Paper and Laser

mes8487
Apprentice

I have 9 inkjets but decided to buy a laser, LBP622CDW. I am a small business owner and use a variety of papers/cardstock.

Years ago I had an Oki which printed on everything and I thought the 622 would do the same but it doesn't. I particularly use paper and cardstock that is glossy but it just comes out a mess. I called Canon and they said not all laser printers will do glossy. Any suggestions?

Along with that, i tried 80lb gloss text on my Pro 100. It was meant to go on the laser. On the Pro 100 it was usable but colors and depth of colors was a bit off. Any tips?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I have a pair of these arriving today.  Purchased for 2 labs that will use for standard document printing and for printing test tube labels.Those will  be glossy.  Won't have them in operation for about 8-9 days, so probably can't advise.

Paper intended for inkjet cannot be used with laser and vice-versa...  I mean it will print, but how the ink looks might not be what you want to see. 

I have used glossy paper intened for laser printers many times without issues. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Greetings,

OK, I have my 2 LBP622dw's installed and configured.  

I set up using the printers control panel initially, but switched to the remote UI.  If you set a PIN for security, make sure you remember it.

I've run plain and glossy artsy type photo paper through both.  No issues.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements