cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf 8280 won't print

Dsabet
Apprentice

The wifi light is blinking but it just won't print.  I really hate this machine.

2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi Dsabet!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Dsabet.

I will be able to assist you.

Normally, if the Wi-Fi light is blinking, this indicates that the printer is no longer connected to the router.  Please follow the instructions below to reconnect the printer to the router:

Setting the Wireless LAN Manually

If the issue happens frequently, please verify that there are no obstructions between the printer and the router.  A low signal strength can cause the issue that you are experiencing. I recommend moving the printer closer to the router. Make sure that there is no barrier or obstacle between the wireless router and the machine. Wireless communication between different rooms or floors is generally poor. The metal, concrete, or timber including the metallic material, mud wall, or insulator may interrupt a wireless communication.

If the machine cannot communicate with the computer over a Wireless LAN for the wall material, place the machine and the computer in the same room or floor. They need to be no closer than two feet apart for the wireless communication to work properly.

If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements