cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageclass mf743 - paper feeds but doesn't print

jlesure
Apprentice

I am trying to print on 3x5 postcards.  The index card feeds via the manual tray but nothing prints.  I get a blank card.

I am using a pc with windows 10 adn the printer is an imageclass color MF743dw printer. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi jlesure.

Make sure the correct paper size (3 x 5) and paper type is set in the printer's drivers on the computer; settings on the computer will override the settings on the printer, which can lead to a paper mismatch, causing the print job to not go through.  Setting too high or low a density (paper type) may also prevent the toner from fixing to the card properly.

Does this problem also occur with A4 or Letter sized plain paper?  You may need to replace the toner cartridge.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

I've tried your suggestions but still no print on the card.  It only happens with the 3x5 card.

Hello Jlesure,

If you are still getting blank prints on your 3X5 It could be caused by settings in the program that you are printing on or it could be an issue with the toner sticking to the index cards. To assist further with the issue, we would need some additional information. If you can reply to this message with the information below, we can assist further. For a more immediate response, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to troubleshoot the issue.

1. What program are you printing the 3X5 cards from?
  2. Are you able to print 3X5 cards from any other programs.
  3. Does the card appear to have any toner stuck to it at all when it comes out?
  4. What company makes the index cards that you are using?
Announcements