cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageclass mf4880dw scanner won't work

martybkfd
Apprentice

I have an Imageclass mf4880dw. It is connected wirelessly to my pc (windows 10) and prints fine. However, when I try to scan, it tells me to connect to the computer. I don't know how to connect it. This is a new issue as the scanner has worked fine in the past. I reloaded the printer software and updated the drivers, but that did not help.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi martybfkd.

I will be able to assist you.

Before installing the updated drivers, the previous drivers and software must be uninstalled.  Please follow the instructions below to uninstall the drivers and software:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the printer.

2. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.

3. In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF4800 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer. Delete all of the icons for the MF4880dw.

4. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose 'Programs' -> 'Programs and Features'.

5. Double click on Canon driver to uninstall. Follow the on screen prompts. Repeat for the MF Toolbox.

6. Restart your computer.

Once the computer restarts, reinstall the drivers and software.  Please note that on July 7, 2016, Canon released a patch to resolve the scanning issue with the Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems.  It is recommended that you download and install this patch as well.  For more information about the patch, please click the link below:

Service Notice: Windows Scanning for imageCLASS

If you still experience an issue, after reinstalling the drivers and software, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the problem with my Macbook Pro running Sierra, 10.12.6  What is your advice?

Thanks!

I removed all software and drivers and reintalled again with the scanner patch but it still did not scan. The only effective solution  was installing a different driver for my Image class scanner. The one I chose is:

https://www.naps2.com/

Before scanning need to select the scanner in the naps2 driver. Then in the actual scanner press scan/remote scanner/ OK just before clicking scan in the naps2 driver.

Announcements