cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageclass MF455dw printer

desai_accueng
Apprentice

i yesterday bought imageclass mf455dw printer from canon directly. but i noticed that there is no sensor in multipurpose tray. when i want to print check & put it in multipurpose tray, printer is not able to detect automatically. we have to select manually each time, multipurpose tray in paper source. otherwise check will print on plain paper. is this defect or this printer is design that way? can some one suggest? otherwise i  want to return it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Desai_accueng,

The multipurpose tray will not automatically detect pages loaded into the tray and switch to it. To use the multipurpose tray, you would need to select the tray in your print settings or you can set a specific paper type/size for the tray and the paper will be pulled from the tray whenever that size/type is selected. You can set the paper source using the steps in the link HERE.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Desai_accueng,

The multipurpose tray will not automatically detect pages loaded into the tray and switch to it. To use the multipurpose tray, you would need to select the tray in your print settings or you can set a specific paper type/size for the tray and the paper will be pulled from the tray whenever that size/type is selected. You can set the paper source using the steps in the link HERE.

desai_accueng
Apprentice

thank you for giving information. it is very unusual now a days. generally all printers detect when we put paper in multipurpose tray. 

Announcements